It makes sense for the owner of home appliance repair skills to organize his own workshop. Business is relevant due to the constant demand for these services. People will never stop using household appliances, and those, in turn, will not stop breaking down.
Business benefits include:
- Stable demand for the service
- Small initial investment
- Easy to start, minimum documents
- Lack of seasonality, as equipment breaks down at any time of the year
- It does not require a large area of \u200b\u200bthe premises, you can start on 20 squares or in your own garage
To the disadvantages :
- Experience and skills in the repair of various equipment
- High level of competition
- It is preferable to have your own car to carry out repairs at home
- Difficulty in recruiting qualified staff
- Need time to unwind
It is worth opening a repair shop in settlements with a population of more than 20 thousand people, large cities to ensure an uninterrupted flow of orders.
When planning to organize activities, they draw up a business plan that will allow you to properly launch the process, taking into account important points.
Step-by-step business plan for opening a home appliance repair shop
First you need to decide in which direction the service will be offered:
- Maintenance of household appliances: refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, air conditioners, etc.
- Repair of video and audio equipment: set-top boxes, DVD players, receivers, audio speakers, TVs, etc.
- Service work related to office equipment: scanners, printers, plotters and others
In this case, you need to choose the format of activity from several possible options :
- A specialized service center for servicing equipment of one brand
Attractive support at all stages by a representative company, but has a narrow focus
- Express repair of equipment at the customer’s home
Refers to a common option with minimal initial investment
- Repair shop with a visit to the customer and taking orders in the office
This format allows you to reach a wide target audience and create a client flow
- Opening of several points of acceptance of orders in the city with the delivery of equipment to the workshop
- An excellent option for expanding the geography of business and creating your own network brand
To determine the concept will help to study the situation in the service market, what the consumer needs, what is the level of competition .
Demand and competition analysis
This step will allow us to study consumer demand for services and offers of competitors, pricing policy. Issues to be considered will be:
- What is the number of closest competitors, what services are provided
- Is there a target audience at the planned opening location
- Is it possible to get spare parts and consumables, find suppliers
- Manufacturing capabilities and product range
Most of the answers can be found on the Internet, as well as personally visiting similar services. If small household appliances are often changed, then because of the high prices for overall equipment, they prefer to repair it rather than buy it again. Therefore, the demand for such services is typical for any settlements.
We define the list of services
It is necessary to determine the list of services provided . The optimal set of services for a household appliance repair shop will be:
- Departure of the master for express repair of devices at the customer’s home
- Reception of orders in the office and delivery of difficult-to-repair equipment to the workshop
- Maintenance, diagnostics and repair of various equipment:
- washing machines and dishwashers; freezers, refrigerators;
- electric stoves and ovens;
- microwave and microwave ovens;
- vacuum cleaners;
- air conditioners, split systems;
- computers, televisions and other equipment;
- food processors, coffee machines and similar appliances.
The wider the list of services provided, the higher the profit of the enterprise.
Search and repair of premises
Having decided on the format of the business and the range of services, they proceed to the search for a suitable premises. It can be located both in the central part of the city and in a densely populated residential area.
Its area will depend on the size of the equipment planned for maintenance. A small service center with 1-3 employees is enough for 20-30 sq. m . For the repair of large household appliances, 70-80 square meters will be required. m., divided into the following zones:
- area for receiving applications and equipment
- repair shop space
- storage area
The premises must have all communications, a bathroom, lighting, ventilation and air conditioning. Non-combustible safe materials were used as wall and floor finishes. It is enough to carry out cosmetic repairs in a concise style. It is necessary to have car parking, approaches, signs.
With limited funds at the initial stage, you can do without a separate room by allocating a place to store tools and spare parts on the balcony or garage and doing repairs at the customer’s home.
The activities of the service for the repair of household appliances must be registered as an individual entrepreneur with the tax office, providing a passport, TIN, an application in the form indicating the OKVED code 52.72 for the repair of household electrical products and a receipt for payment of a state duty of 800 rubles.
The optimal tax base will be the simplified tax system with a deduction of 15% from the difference between income and expenses or 6% from total revenue.
No special licenses or certificates are required. You can draw up a standard contract for the provision of services for clients. Opening an account on request.
The next question to decide is whether to hire employees and how much . The number of staff depends on the volume of orders and the size of the workshop. At first, you can cope with the duties on your own, but with an increase in the number of orders, an assistant will be required.
It is not necessary to hire a specialist, let it be a student who is able to master the wisdom of the profession in practice. The main thing is that the assistant is attentive, responsible and decent.
To motivate an employee, it is better to set the salary from a fixed rate and a percentage of the proceeds.
In a large service center, the number of masters reaches 4 people with a shift work schedule and hiring a cleaning lady on a part-time basis, an outsourcing accountant.
Purchase of equipment
An important stage of the business plan is the organizational moment. To equip the repair shop, you will need the following equipment:
- Shelves, racks for tools
- Table and chairs for masters
- A computer
- Professional equipment: frequency counter, digital multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Tools: screwdrivers, wrenches, soldering iron
- Demanded spare parts
The purchase of equipment will require 20-30 thousand rubles , spare parts 500 thousand rubles. You can buy used equipment or bring old furniture from home. Unlike furniture, you should not save on a tool.
It is important to find a reliable supplier of spare parts, as the quality and timeliness of delivery affects the level of service and terms of work. At the same time, it is not worth buying spare parts for the future, it is better to order them as needed, adding delivery time to the repair period. You can buy old household appliances to get spare parts, repair broken parts after replacement.
Advertising and marketing
Don’t skimp on marketing as the success of your business depends on it. The more customers you manage to attract, the more you can earn. Therefore, it is advisable to use all possible options:
- Advertising in the media
- Own informative website, Internet sites, social networks, thematic forums
- Distribution of business cards and booklets in crowded places, near shopping centers, metro stations, shops
- Outdoor advertising: bright signboard, banners, pavement signs
- Advertisements on transport, house entrances, elevators
- word of mouth
An effective way to promote a business will be to provide discounts to regular customers and certain groups of the population: war veterans, the disabled, and pensioners.
Do not refuse customers, fulfill orders on time, provide excellent service at a reasonable price. By doing this, you will quickly earn a reputation and keep the established circle of customers.
How much does it cost to open a home appliance repair shop
It is important to calculate the amount of investment to start a business . The amount of investment depends entirely on the format of business and the list of services provided. With a modest home business with a visit to the customer’s home, 100 thousand rubles will be enough. While the opening of the workshop will require from 600 thousand rubles. for equipment, repair and rental of premises, advertising.
Do not forget about current expenses for the purchase of spare parts, consumables, payment of utility bills, taxes, payment of rent and wages. Total about 200 thousand rubles. every month.
How much can you earn repairing household appliances
It should be noted that you should not rely on quick profits. Unwinding a business can take several months. An approximate calculation will help to estimate the planned revenue. The prices for in-demand workshop services are, on average, as follows:
- Repair of small household appliances – from 1 thousand rubles.
- Refrigerator repair – 2-7 thousand rubles.
- Washing machine repair – 2-5 thousand rubles.
- Departure of the master at home – 500 rubles.
- Maintenance of equipment (cleaning, lubrication, sharpening of parts) – 700 rubles.
At first, the workshop’s income will be 30 thousand rubles. Having set up a business, serving up to 2-3 clients a day with an average check of 2 thousand rubles. revenue will be ~150 thousand rubles. per month, of which 100 thousand rubles. net profit. We must be prepared for the fact that the profitability is low 10% -20% and within 1.5-2 years of operation, efforts should be directed to establishing a business and developing a client base.
Possible business problems and risks
Since the level of competition in the service market is high, it is worth minimizing its impact in advance. To do this, they adhere to a flexible pricing policy, high quality of services provided, terms and additional benefits in the form of consultations, delivery of equipment, free diagnostics.
The speed of delivery of spare parts affects the image of the workshop, therefore, reliable punctual suppliers are selected for cooperation and running spare parts are kept in stock.
The risk of lack of demand for services is typical in case of unsuccessful placement of the service and insufficient advertising . In this case, they review the marketing policy, pricing, analyze the work of employees.
Risks can be avoided with competent work and scrupulous study of the business model at the planning stage.